Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Ramblings on Love

Love........

Oxford dictionary defines it as "an intense feeling of deep affection”. The definition makes me laugh when I read it. It seems quite so simple doesn’t it. If only it would be so simple. But I guess life wouldnt be so much like it is now had it been so simple.

I have known love in various ways around me. "I Love Her/him." being the most frequent of them. When I say "most frequent" it’s more like the ratio of land to water on our beloved mother earth. Why is there such a big difference between land and water now is again dependent on a lot of factors which come in. So, without deviating too much from the topic in hand lets come back to the lovely emotion called love. As I was saying, apart from the very popular "I love her/him" syndrome, there actually are a lot of other kinds of love.

These other kinds of love if you come to think of it also play a very significant role in our day to day lives. There also exist "interpersonal" love for mom, dad, friends, grandparents, kids, spouse, self (believe it!!!) and many many others, some of which are rather inexplicable relationships (mostly non-Platonic). I can't get myself to give examples for them, Human Beings are real scary sometimes.

There also is love for elements of the very materialistic world that we live in. Food, clothes, sports, television, the list goes on. Humans are even more weirder in this list. (Caution:-Kindly refrain from too much attachment to these. I mean give them slightly lower preference ;))

The point I am trying to make here is that we love so much and receive love so much but still, we most of the times sadly forget to acknowledge it. Think about it.. When was the last time you expressed your love in words or in actions(try a hug, it feels really good:)) to the "less" popular though equal or maybe more important people in your life who you know love you so much and better still you love so much. There is this undeserving uncanny ignorance about this kind of love which is a shame really.

Love is the root of all emotions. All other emotions that I know of are more or less derivatives of love. For Instance take hate, you probably hate something or someone cause you love something or someone else. But Love, You can never love because of hate. It simply wouldn’t be real enough for you to feel it. You can relate to a lot of emotions like this to love. Love is Universal.

So please don't restrict yourselves to only the most glorified kind of love. Learn to respect and acknowledge all kinds of love cause "all you need is love"...

So as an activity, I(Your conscience) implore you to go up to someone other than your boyfriend(s) or girlfriend(s) and actually tell them how much you love them and look at how their face lights up and yes, a hug would be like the icing on the cake:)

P.S. I have assumed some things here, No offense to anyone :). If I am wrong somewhere I apologize and I will be the happiest person in town to be wrong about my assumptions.

P.P.S:- And When I mean Someone other than your girl/boyfriend I Mean someone you love:)(Gosh!! gotta be careful with these:P:P)

No comments: